The majority of the clinical uses for CoQ10 are founded upon its role as an antioxidant, and its role in mitochondrial bioenergetics. It is a coenzyme for numerous reactions involved in cellular respiration, and is required for the efficient formation of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the cellular currency which drives the majority of enzymatic reactions.1,2 As an antioxidant, CoQ10 is the only lipid-soluble antioxidant synthesized endogenously. It inhibits peroxidation of cell membrane lipids as well as circulating lipoproteins.3,4 CoQ10 supports cardiac tissues by improving endothelial function and by having a direct anti-atherogenic effect, which results in lower blood pressure and improved ventricular contractility.5,6
In clinical trials, CoQ10 has shown benefit for a wide range of cardiovascular conditions, including congestive heart failure, hypertension, and prevention of myocardial infarction.7,8 It also had clinical benefits for a number of neurological conditions, including Huntington’s disease, migraine, and Parkinson’s disease.9-13 Oral CoQ10 has also had positive results in patients with periodontal disease, gingivitis, male infertility, and statin-induced myopathy.14,15
- Improves many varied health conditions, including cardiovascular disease, cellular decomposition, and oxidative stress
- Free of contamination by undesirable residue including bacteria or yeast
- In a base of natural rice bran oil and natural vitamin E to ensure a stabilized and highly absorbable form of CoQ10
- Identical to the form produced by the human body for high bioavailability
- Improves many varied health conditions, including cardiovascular disease, cellular decomposition and oxidative stress
- Higher dosage of 200 mg keeps pace with the research
- Free of contamination by undesirable residue or microorganisms, including bacteria or yeast
- In a base of natural rice bran oil and vitamin E to ensure a stabilized and highly absorbable form of CoQ10
|Each Softgel Contains:|
|Coenzyme Q10 (Microorganism)||200 mg|
Rice bran oil, softgel (gelatin, glycerin, purified water, carob), natural vitamin E.
Recommended Adult Dose: 1 softgel per day, preferably with a meal, or as directed by a health care practitioner.
Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, or sweeteners; no dairy, starch, sugar, wheat, gluten, yeast, soy, corn, egg, fish, shellfish, salt, tree nuts, or GMOs. Sealed for your protection. Do not use if seal is broken. For freshness, store in a cool, dry place.
Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Although very little evidence supports this interaction, CoQ10 resembles vitamin K structurally, and a potential interaction is possible for those taking the anticoagulant Coumadin. Close monitoring of the INR is recommended with CoQ10 introduction in these patients. No other negative drug interactions are known for CoQ10, though a number of medications are thought to interfere with CoQ10 synthesis or function in the body, including statin or blood pressure medications, tricyclic antidepressants, and oral hypoglycemic agents.17
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
The product information on this website may not be 100% accurate. Please ensure to check the product packaging information before consumption, especially if you have allergies or other health conditions.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.