Glucose Metabolism Support
Glucose Tolerance Factor Chromium (Chromium-GTF) is more complex than the simple essential trace mineral chromium as Chromium-GTF is composed of chromium that is bound to nicotinic acid. The most natural form of GTF is chromium polynicotinate which is the active form of chromium in ChromeMate; Chromium-GTF is more readily absorbed and utilized by the body. Chromium-GTF enhances the metabolic process by supporting the action of insulin in the body; insulin is a hormone that is responsible for regulating blood sugar levels by promoting the uptake of glucose into cells, as well as metabolizing carbohydrates, fats, and proteins which is necessary for energy production.
- Provides support for healthy glucose metabolism.
- Helps to maintain normal blood glucose levels.
- Helps to prevent chromium deficiency.*
- Helps to maintain the body's ability to metabolize nutrients.
- Chromium 200mcg contains chromium bound to nicotinic acid. Each capsule provides 200 mcg of chromium.*
- Helps to maintain the body's ability to metabolize nutrients.*
- For 65 years, Douglas Laboratories has been dedicated to meeting the needs of healthcare professionals. As a globally recognized leader in the development of innovative, science-based nutritional supplements, we strive to help healthcare professionals and their patients push their potential to live healthier, today and in the future.*
- NPN 01992619
Chromium 200mcg is a trace element supplement that contains chromium bound to nicotinic acid (chromium polynicotinate). Each capsule provides 200 mcg of chromium in its non-toxic trivalent form. Once in the body, the biologically active form of chromium is also referred to as glucose tolerance factor (GTF) as chromium provides support for healthy glucose metabolism. Although the exact mechanism is unknown, it is suggested that chromium interacts with the amino acids glycine, cysteine, glutamate, and aspartic acid in the form of low-molecular weight chromium (LMWCr) binding substance, which then attaches to insulin receptors in the body when there is a spike of insulin in the body.
Chromium is generally accepted as an essential trace mineral that potentiates insulin action and thus influences carbohydrate and fat metabolism. Chromium absorption is typically less than 2% efficient and variable depending on its form. Studies have demonstrated that chromium from Chromium 200mcg has a higher bioavailability than other chromium compounds, such as chromium picolinate or chloride. Futhermore, tissues retained anywhere from 2 to 8 times more chromium from Chromium 200 mcg compared to other sources.
|Each Capsule Contains:|
|Chromium (polynicotinate*) * ChromeMate® brand of niacin-bound GTF chromium, U.S. patent #4,923,855, InterHealth Company.||200 mcg|
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.