Activated Vitamin B6 to support energy metabolism and neurological health‡
Providing for nausea, morning sickness, PMS and natural weight loss support.
Vitamin B6 is offered in its activated form, pyridoxal-5-phosphate. Pyridoxal-5-phosphate is the metabolically active coenzyme form of vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) and accomplishes numerous biological functions. Pyridoxal-5-phosphate's actions mainly involve the metabolism of amino acids and other nitrogen compounds. In the liver, pyridoxal-5-phosphate is essential for glucose production from amino acids through its role as a coenzyme for the transaminase enzymes. Pyridoxal-5-phosphate is also needed in the liver and muscles to access stored glycogen for glucose production, and to synthesize niacin from the amino acid tryptophan. In red blood cells, pyridoxal-5-phosphate is needed for hemoglobin synthesis and the regulation of oxygen affinity. Moreover, cell receptivity to steroid hormones is influenced by pyridoxal-5-phosphate. In the nervous system, pyridoxal-5-phosphate is needed for synthesis of several neurotransmitters, including serotonin (from tryptophan), taurine, dopamine, norepinephrine, histamine, and gammaaminobutyric acid (GABA).
- Cardiovascular Health: Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate (P5P) is the metabolically active coenzyme of Vitamin B6. Vitamin B6 has been studied for cardiovascular health.*
- Neurological Health: Vitamin B6 supports neurotransmitter health.*
- Vitamins/Minerals/Amino Acids: Our vitamins/minerals and amino acid formulas are developed to provide beneficial support in filling nutrient gaps.*
- Our uncompromising operational practices at our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities surpass GMP standards and manufacturing regulations. All of our products are GMO-free.
- For 65 years, Douglas Laboratories has been dedicated to meeting the needs of healthcare professionals. As a globally recognized leader in the development of innovative, science-based nutritional supplements, we strive to help healthcare professionals and their patients push their potential for healthy living, today and in the future.*
- Prevents vitamin B6 deficiency.
- Helps in energy metabolism and tissue formation.
- Suggested Usage: Adults: Take 1 capsule daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
- NPN 80069669
Vitamin B 6 (pyridoxal-5-phosphate) 32.5 mg
Cellulose, Gelatin (capsule), Magnesium stearate.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.