Help to form red blood cells
L-5-MTHF provides 1 mg (1,700 mcg DFE) of natural, biologically active form of folate, which is essential for cell division and growth, and also works to balance the homocysteine pathway.* This formula provides folate in the bioidentical, bioactive form, 5-methyltetrahydrofolate. In L-5-MTHF, the “L” signifies that it is an all-natural [6S] isomer, and this is the active circulating form of folate found in the body and one of the several forms found in food. In nature, this is found only as this [6S] isomer, which is why Designs for Health uses L-5-MTHF, the natural isomer, rather than the mixed (or racemic) form. This product uses the patented folate derivative, Quatrefolic®. This innovative form of folate has demonstrated high bioavailability, solubility, and long-lasting stability. Quatrefolic® L-5-MTHF has been shown to help increase blood folate levels much better than folic acid.*
- Bio-Active Folate - This product contains 5-methyltetrahydrofolate, the natural, active form of folate found in the body. It is also one of several forms found in food.*
- 1mg Per Capsule - Each capsule contains 1mg (1000mcg) of 5-methyltetrahydrofolate from 1700mcg DFE (Dietary Folate Equivalent). Organic spinach powder gives the capsules their green color.*
- Premium Patented Form - Our L-5-MTHF uses an innovative, patented folate derivative which has demonstrated high bioavailability and solubility, as well as long-lasting stability. *
- Vegetarian & Non-GMO - This product is Vegetarian-Friendly. Made without GMOs, Soy, Gluten, or Dairy. Tinted glass bottles offer a barrier against moisture and oxygen, which helps protect nutrient viability.*
- Over 50,000 Doctors Agree - Designs for Health is the physician's choice for top quality professional strength supplements since 1989. Our "Science First" philosophy ensures our products are based on the most recent research and use the highest quality raw ingredients.
Medicinal Ingredients: Folate (5-Methyltetrahydrofolic acid, glucosamine salt) 1000 mcg
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, spinach juice powder, L-leucine.
Take one capsule per day or as directed by your health-care practitioner.
Folate supplementation can mask a vitamin B12 deficiency. Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are unsure whether you are taking enough vitamin B12.
Does not contain gluten.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.