Organic Red, Black And Yellow Maca Powder Blend
Gelatinized for High Bioavialability, Hormone Balance, Adaptogen to Help with Stress and Energy
Maca, the traditional Peruvian superfood, has been used for thousands of years to support healthy hormones and energy levels. It now passes its strength on to you. Organika’s maca is gently treated to increase digestibility and absorption, plus a grit-free drinking experience.
- Traditionally used to support stress response and adrenal glands
- Studied for its effect on stamina and athletic performance
- Supports healthy hormone balance
- Treated for less starch content, less bloating and better absorption
- CERTIFIED ORGANIC: Sourced directly from Peru and is certified organic to ensure quality and purity; Blend of Yellow, Red, and Black Maca
- GELATINIZED FOR INCREASED ABSORPTION: Gelatinization is a cooking process that removes the starches from the maca to help increase bioavailability as well as help with digestion
- ENERGIZING: Components of maca help increase feelings of energy without any hard crash
- HORMONE BALANCE: Adaptogenic qualities help balance hormone imbalances to provide mental clarity as well as aid relief of pre-menstrual and menopause symptoms for women
- RIGOROUSLY TESTED: 30 years of tested, tried and true quality. Organika uses 3rd party testing for unbiased results to reach and exceed the highest standards of Canada Health-including all major toxins and heavy metals
The root vegetable Lepidium meyenii (maca) is a member of the cruciferous family that also includes broccoli, cauliflower and kale. In the high altitudes of the Andes Mountains where our maca root is grown, the harsh environment has shaped this superfood to be tough enough to withstand any environmental challenge. It passes its strength on to you. The roots are carefully selected, then washed before they are cut, cooked, dried and made ready for milling.
Organika’s Organic Maca Powder undergoes a specialized procedure called gelatinization. Despite the name, this procedure does not involve gelatin in any form; it consists of splitting large starch chains into smaller molecules. This leads to a much smoother, less gritty experience for you. The additional slow cooking in our gelatinization methods may enhance the availability of some nutrients and minerals. Even the natives of Peru cook or heat process their maca in some manner for better digestibility and increased benefits.
It is widely recognized that maca can help to support the emotional aspects of sexual health and libido, which are vital for fertility and a healthy sex life. It lowers inflammation while efficiently invigorating, boosting and elevating a healthy lifestyle.
In women, maca supplementation has been studied to help normalize the symptoms of premenstrual/menstrual symptoms as well as the symptoms of menopause including hot flashes, night sweats, cramps, fatigue and lethargy. Stress levels and emotional states are also balanced. Maca supports healthy bone structure, which can decrease with age and lowering estrogen levels.
In men, maca is used to promote healthy testosterone levels, which helps improve strength, vitality, hair health, higher bone mass density and sexual drive.
Organic, gelatinized* maca powder
*Gelatinization does not involve gelatin in any form. This product is completely vegan friendly.
- CLEAN, SINGLE INGREDIENT FORMULA
- CERTIFIED ORGANIC
How to Use
Elevate lattes, cocoa, coffee or your favourite drink. Also makes for delicious smoothies and baked goods! For best results, mix 1 tsp. (5 g) of Maca for every 350 ml drink.
Every 1 teaspoon serving is equal to 5 g or 5,000 mg pure maca.
Does your maca contain gelatin?
Gelatinization does not mean there is “gelatin” in it. It is the name of the process used to remove the starches to make the maca root more digestible. It is still vegan and vegetarian friendly.
Is your maca powder a raw food?
Our maca is not considered to be “raw” because it goes through the gelatinization process, which includes a slow cooking process.
I’ve had problems with other maca powders giving me gas and bloating. Will I get that with your product?
No. The gelatinization process can make it easier for those with sensitive digestive systems to handle due to the removal of the starches and the pre-digestion of cooking.
Am I adding a lot of calories to my diet when I add maca powder to my smoothie?
Maca is a great source of copper and manganese, and a good source of B1 and iron and the phytonutrient macaridine. Besides all the fantastic vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, for every one teaspoon (5g) serving, you get 20 calories, one gram of fibre, and one gram of protein.
Consult a health practitioner if pregnant or breastfeeding.
Do not use if the outer seal is missing or broken. Store in a cool, dry place. Keep out of reach of children.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.