Activated Vitamin B6: Supports energy metabolism, cardiovascular and neurological health‡
Supports Energy Metabolism, Tissue and Red Blood Cells Formation
P5P 50 is pyridoxal 5’-phosphate (P5P), the active metabolite and predominant form of plasma pyridoxine (vitamin B6). P5P is beneficial to a number of physiological functions, providing a wide range of nutritional support as a coenzyme of over 140 enzymes. It is highly present in muscle, where it plays an important role in carbohydrate metabolism by aiding in the breakdown of glycogen into glucose. It is required for amino acid metabolism, including the conversions of methionine to cysteine and tryptophan to niacin. This B vitamin also helps to metabolize fats and is necessary for the elongation of essential fatty acids. P5P is required for proper absorption and utilization of B12 and magnesium, as well as for the production of gastric HCl. Vitamin B6 also helps in tissue formation, red blood cell production, and is involved in maintaining the cellular balance of sodium and potassium.
- P5P 50 is the predominant form of plasma B6 and provides a wide range of physiological support.
- P5P is an important coenzyme, it is highly present in muscle, where it plays an important role in carbohydrate metabolism by aiding in the breakdown of glycogen into glucose.
- Made with hypoallergenic, vegan ingredients.
- NPN 80072341
- Active form of vitamin B6
- Supports the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins‡
- Promotes healthy functioning of the nervous and musculoskeletal systems‡
- Facilitates the release of glycogen used in energy production‡
- Supports the production of antibodies and red blood cells‡
- Small capsules for easy swallowing
- Made with high-quality ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Musculoskeletal and neurological health‡
|Medicinal ingredients Per Capsule|
|Vitamin B6 (pyridoxal 5’-phosphate)||50 mg|
- Pure Encapsulations® P5 P 50 is synthetically derived
- Vitamin C (ascorbyl palmitate) is derived from corn dextrose fermentation and palm oil
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, 1-2 times daily, with meals.
Pyridoxal 5' phosphate (P5 P) is an active metabolite and predominant circulating form of pyridoxine (vitamin B6 ). P5P is a cofactor for more than 100 enzymes.1 It is involved in the synthesis of neurotransmitters and works with folate and vitamin B12 in the metabolism of homocysteine and the formation of red blood cells.1 It is also required for enzymes that metabolize carbohydrates, fats,and proteins.1-3 P5 P facilitates the release of glycogen from the liver and muscles, which is used in energy production.1,4 In addition, P5 P helps to maintain the balance of sodium and potassium, which regulates body's fluids. This nutrient also promotes the healthy functioning of the nervous and musculoskeletal systems.1,5‡
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.