Probiotic support for healthy intestinal microflora and G.I. function‡
Saccharomyces boulardii is a non-pathogenic probiotic yeast that protects against antibiotic-associated diarrhoea caused by a disruption in the balance of healthy gut flora. It is resistant to local stresses, including digestive enzymes, bile salts, organic acids, and variations in temperature and pH. As Saccharomyces boulardii is also naturally resistant to antibiotics, it can be taken by individuals receiving antibiotics to nutritionally support the gastrointestinal tract by maintaining gut flora balance. Randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trials, each involving hundreds of adults taking antibiotics, have demonstrated a significant preventive effect on the occurrence of diarrhoea. Furthermore, Saccharomyces boulardii is the only probiotic reported to have significant efficacy in reducing relapsing C. difficile-associated diarrhoea, which is responsible for approximately 10-20% of antibiotic-associated diarrhoea cases. Each capsule of Saccharomyces boulardii contains 5 billion colony forming units (CFU).
- Supports gastrointestinal tract health‡
- Promotes healthy gut flora balanc‡
- Contains 5 billion live cells per capsule
- Made with high-quality vegan ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Gastrointestinal health and balance support‡
|Medicinal Ingredients per Capsule|
|Saccharomyces boulardii||5 billion CFU.|
Hypoallergenic plant cellulose, vegetarian capsule (hypromellose, water).
- Saccharomyces boulardii is a member of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae family. It is grown on a medium of molasses, vitamins and minerals. A gentle "fluid bed" process is used to dry, cool and sterilize the product, allowing for efficient processing without product degradation. Pure Encapsulations probiotic products contain a unique form of rice starch produced through a natural enzymatic process. This proprietary starch has been extensively tested and is added to protect the viability of the probiotic organisms.
As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules, 1-2 times daily, between meals or as directed by a health professional.
Science & Research
Saccharomyces boulardii is a probiotic yeast that nutritionally supports the health of the gastrointestinal tract.1,2 This yeast supports a healthy balance of gut microbiota.3‡
Probiotics may be contraindicated for immunocompromised individuals. If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are immunocompromised, or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Do not use if you have an immune-compromised condition. Consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use if you have fever, vomiting, bloody diarrhoea or severe abdominal pain. Stop use and consult a healthcare practitioner if symptoms of digestive upset occur, worsen or persist beyond 3 days.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.