Form of CoQ10 Supports Heart Health*
Active antioxidant form of CoQ10
Support for energy metabolism and cardiovascular health‡
Ubiquinol is the active antioxidant form of CoQ10, which is also known as ubiquinone. Ubiquinol comprises the majority of the ubiquinone/ubiquinol pool in the plasma of healthy young subjects, making it especially important for older individuals, those who experience greater levels of oxidative or physical stress, or individuals who appear not to respond to regular CoQ10 supplementation (possibly due to poor conversion of CoQ10 to ubiquinol in the body). Research suggests that it may also be more readily absorbed than the ubiquinone form. In the body, the enzymatic conversion of ubiquinone to ubiquinol in the mitochondria is a key step in the electron transport chain and the manufacture of ATP. In addition, clinical trials have reported that ubiquinol maintains cardiovascular health by supporting healthy ejection fraction and mitral valve function. CoQ10 also helps reduce the frequency of migraine headaches and associated symptoms when taken as a prophylactic. It acts by decreasing oxidative stress in neurons and maintaining neuronal and mitochondrial function. In a randomized, placebo-controlled trial involving adults with a history of migraines, daily supplementation with 150 mg of CoQ10 for three months reduced the number of days with headache by over 50% in 61% of participants.
- Supports the production of ATP for energy‡
- Promotes cardiovascular health‡
- Provides antioxidant support‡
- Active antioxidant form of CoQ10
- Made with high-quality ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Prophylactic: Reduces frequency of migraine headaches and associated nausea and vomiting*
- Ubiquinol: Active antioxidant form of CoQ10
- Cardiovascular Health: Helps maintain and support cardiovascular health.
- Pure Quality: Supplements with premium ingredients, guided by nutritional experts and tested for potency and purity.
- Has an additional two hydrogen atoms and compromises the majority of the ubiquinone/ubiquinol pool in the plasma of healthy young subjects
- The enzymatic conversion of ubiquinone to ubiquinol in the mitochondria is a key step in the electron transport chain and the manufacture of ATP.
- Ages 18 and up
- Cellular energy and cardiovascular support‡
per softgel capsule
Kaneka UbiquinolTM (active antioxidant form of coenzyme Q10) 100 mg.
Medium chain triglycerides, gelatin capsule (gelatin, glycerin, water), ascorbyl palmitate, sunflower lecithin, beeswax, annatto suspension in sunflower oil.
- CoQ10 is produced by microbial (yeast) fermentation. There is no residual yeast in the final product
- Medium chain triglycerides are derived from palm oil
- Gelatin is bovine-derived. Lecithin is derived from sunflower
- Ascorbyl palmitate is derived from corn dextrose fermentation and palm oil
Ubiquinol-QH 50 mg and 100 mg
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, 1-2 times daily, with meals.
Ubiquinol is the active antioxidant form of CoQ10 (ubiquinone). The presence of two additional hydrogen atoms allow ubiquinol to work as an antioxidant. Ubiquinol comprises the majority of the ubiquinone/ubiquinol pool in the plasma of healthy subjects. Ubiquinol may be especially important for older individuals and subjects with greater levels of oxidative or physical stress. Ubiquinol may be indicated for individuals who fail to respond to regular CoQ10 supplementation (possibly due to poor conversion of CoQ10 to ubiquinol in the body).1 Research suggests that it may be more readily absorbed than ubiquinone.2 In a comparison study involving healthy subjects, supplementation with 200 mg ubiquinol for 4 weeks increased plasma total CoQ10 from 0.9 to 4.3 μg/mL (p<0.001) compared to 0.9 to 2.5 μg/mL with ubiquinone. It was also noted that ubiquinol supported a healthy ratio of CoQ10 to lipids.3 In addition to its antioxidant benefits, some evidence suggests that ubiquinol supports healthy ejection fraction and mitral valve function.4 The safety, tolerability, and oral bioavailability of ubiquinol have been confirmed in single dose and 4-week multiple dose studies. Significant gastrointestinal absorption was confirmed with no clinically significant adverse effects.5‡
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.