Iron and essential B vitamins and vitamin C in a complete blood-building formula*
Ferrasorb provides iron in chelated form for optimal absorption, plus the active forms of folate and vitamins B6 and B12 – essential for blood-building – and vitamin C to enhance iron’s absorption.*
Ferrasorb combines the active forms of vitamin B6 (pyridoxal 5'-phosphate), vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin), and folate (L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate), along with vitamin C, with a well-absorbed form of iron – for an optimal blood-building supplement for individuals who struggle with more than simple iron deficiency.*
- Iron provided in chelated form for optimal absorption*
- Reduced GI side effects, such as nausea and constipation*
- Provides 36 mg of elemental iron per capsule as Ferrochel® chelate
- Active forms of vitamins B12, B6, and folate, with vitamin C for an enhanced approach to red blood cell health*
5-MTHF, Vitamin B, Vitamin C, Iron Bisglycinate
|Folate (L-5-MTHF)||667mcg DFE|
|Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin)||300mcg|
|Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate)||5mg|
|Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)||15mg|
|Other Ingredients: Hypromellose Capsule, Leucine, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Silicon Dioxide|
How to Use
Take 1 capsule one to three times daily or as recommended by your health professional.
Iron is essential to the formation and function of healthy red blood cells.* An adequate amount of iron in the diet is required for blood cells to efficiently transport oxygen throughout the body. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), up to 16 percent of individuals in certain populations are deficient in iron.
Individuals who are prone to be iron or B vitamin deficient include:
- Women of menstruating age
- Individuals who follow a vegan or vegetarian diet
- Older individuals and others who tend to have less stomach acid
- Individuals who have undergone gastric bypass surgery
- Those who have intestinal conditions that affect nutrient absorption
- Individuals with an autoimmune disorder
- Signs of an iron deficiency:
- Fatigue or weakness
- Shortness of breath
- Pale skin
- Cold hands and feet
- Feeling lightheaded or dizzy
- Changes in menstrual cycles
- Decreased athletic performance
Iron is difficult for the body to absorb, and supplementing with conventional forms of iron, including ferrous sulfate, can cause gastrointestinal side effects – such as nausea, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea, and dark-colored stools. Thorne's Ferrasorb contains iron reacted with glycine to enhance its absorption in the gastrointestinal tract, thus helping to decrease the typical side effects of iron supplementation.*
Why vitamin cofactors?
Iron is not the only nutrient essential for healthy red blood cells. Having a deficiency in the B vitamins can also lead to adverse issues with red blood cell formation.*
Signs of B vitamin deficiency:
- Fatigue or muscle weakness
- Decreased mood quality
- Sores in the mouth or on the tongue
- Problems with memory or cognition
- Feeling of being on “pins and needles”
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
If pregnant, consult your health professional before using this product.
5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF) supplementation is not recommended concurrent with methotrexate cancer therapy, as it can interfere with methotrexate's anti-neoplastic activity; however, this folate source has not been shown to interfere with the anti-inflammatory activity of methotrexate. An individual taking methotrexate for psoriasis or rheumatoid arthritis can safely take a supplement containing folate.
Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under six. Keep this product out of reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or poison control center immediately.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.