Antioxidant Selenomethionine to Support Good Health
Pure Encapsulation’s Selenium provides selenomethionine, an organic, bioavailable form of selenium.
It is a natural antioxidant that decreases oxidative damage and delays the oxidation of polyunsaturated fatty acids as a component of selenoprotein P and selenoenzymes, such as glutathione peroxidase. The highest levels of selenium are present in the thyroid gland, where it removes reactive oxygen species produced during the synthesis of thyroid hormones. It also plays a direct role in thyroid hormone synthesis. Additionally, selenium protects immune cells from the over-production of reactive oxygen species that can occur during normal immune responses.
- Selenium protects normal cell function by supporting the body's natural defences and scavenging harmful free radicals
- Selenium is a natural antioxidant that delays the oxidation of polyunsaturated fatty acids and preserves the elasticity of tissue
- Promotes healthy blood flow.
- In synergy with vitamin E, selenium promotes healthy growth and fertility, and improves the function of certain energy producing cells.
- Selenium also plays a role in the synthesis of thyroid hormones and immune function.
- Scavenges harmful free radicals
- Provides selenomethionine, an organic, bioavailable form.
- NPN 80010901
|Each Capsule Contains:|
|selenium (selenomethionine)||200 mg|
Hypo-allergenic plant cellulose, Hydroxy propyl methylcellulose, Purified water, Ascorbyl palmitate.
Adults: Take 1–2 capsules daily, with a meal .
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please contact your healthcare professional immediately if you experience any unwanted side effects. The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and does not establish a doctor-patient relationship. Please be sure to consult your physician before taking this or any other product. †All Pure Encapsulations ingredients, including those derived from corn, are GMO free. We obtain statements from each of our suppliers certifying that the ingredients do not contain GMOs. For some nutrients, we conduct PCR testing to confirm the absence of genetically modified material.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.