A well-absorbed form of iron that reduces gastrointestinal side effects*
25 mg Iron Supplement for Enhanced Absorption Without Gastrointestinal Side Effects
An optimal delivery format for iron, which is essential for healthy red blood cells.* Resists fatigue and other effects of iron deficiency in women, athletes, and others.* NSF Certified for Sport®
- Iron provided in a chelated form for optimal absorption
- Reduced GI side effects, such as nausea and constipation*
- Provides 25 mg of elemental iron per serving as Ferrochel® chelate
- NSF Certified for Sport®
Well-Absorbed Iron: Provides 25 mg of elemental iron per capsule in a non-constipating, well-absorbed form as iron bisglycinate
- Fight Fatigue: Helps fight fatigue and other signs of an iron deficiency, which can manifest as weakness, shortness of breath, dizziness, tinnitus, drowsiness, irritability, infrequent menstruation, and loss of libido
- Blood Building: An essential mineral for the formation of new red blood cells
- Certified For Sport: Supports high-performance nutrition programs and is NSF Certified for Sport
- NPN 80043826
- 60 Capsules - 60 Servings
|Other Ingredients: Hypromellose Capsule, Leucine, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Silicon Dioxide|
How to Use
Take 1 capsule daily or as recommended by your health professional.
Iron is essential to the formation and function of healthy red blood cells.* An adequate amount of dietary iron is required for blood cells to efficiently transport oxygen throughout the body. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), up to 16 percent of individuals in some populations is deficient in iron.
Individuals who can be prone to iron deficiency include:
- Women of menstruating age
- Individuals who follow a vegan or vegetarian diet
- Frequent blood donors
- Individuals who have undergone gastric bypass surgery
- Individuals who eat a very high fiber diet, which can inhibit iron absorption
- Individuals recovering from blood loss, such as injury or surgery
- Performance athletes who have any of the above additional risk factors
Signs of iron deficiency:
- Fatigue or weakness
- Shortness of breath
- Pale skin
- Cold hands and feet
- Feeling lightheaded or dizzy
- Changes in menstrual cycles
- Decreased athletic performance
Iron is difficult for the body to absorb, and supplementing with conventional forms of iron, including ferrous sulfate, can cause gastrointestinal side effects – such as nausea, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea, and dark-colored stools. Thorne's Iron Bisglycinate contains iron reacted with glycine to optimize its absorption in the gastrointestinal tract, thus minimizing the typical side effects of iron supplementation.*
Because an athlete needs to know that his or her supplements are trustworthy and compliant, every batch of an NSF Certified for Sport® product is tested for compliance with label claims and to ensure the absence of more than 200 substances banned by many major athletic organizations, including stimulants, narcotics, steroids, diuretics, beta-2 agonists, and masking agents.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
The product information on this website may not be 100% accurate. Please ensure to check the product packaging information before consumption, especially if you have allergies or other health conditions.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.